Our friends at Double Dutch Drinks sent us a sample of their Cucumber & Watermelon mixer to play with and we came up with the following cocktail recipe, hope you enjoy it!
The Dutch Garden Cocktail
Double Dutch Cucumber & Watermelon Mixer
Earl Grey & Orange Tea
10ml Sugar Syrup
1. Infuse the gin by stewing in earl grey & orange tea bags for 24 hours like this.
2. Select a tall glass and pour in 50ml of the infused gin.
3. Add 6 leaves of mint to the glass, juice of 1/2 a lime and 10ml of sugar syrup (or more if you have a sweet tooth!).
4. Fill the glass with crushed ice and stir.
5. Top the drink up with Double Dutch Cucumber & Watermelon Mixer.
6. Garnish your cocktail with a stick of cucumber, a sprig of mint and flamed orange peel (see below!).
Flamed Orange Peel
1. Cut a round piece of orange peel about 1.5 inches wide.
2. Hold the flame against the peel.
3. Squeeze the peel oils on top of your cocktail, with the flame in between. The flame should burn up for a second whilst the oils are passing through it. This technique adds a dash of orange flavour to your cocktail and looks pretty impressive too!